Friday, August 21, 2009

Getting Back into the Sewing of Things


After all my "research" about sewing and seeing some very fun things, I rediscovered my desire to sew! I've been working so hard around the house since we got home, unpacking, laundry, reorganizing, redecorating, etc...that I needed to sit and take the day off. I decided to gather up a few patterns and a stack of fabric from my stash and have a go at sewing. I ended up cutting out and serging 3 dresses for me, serging 2 dresses for Maizie, and completed this cotton tank. I've always loved this fabric but never had enough to make a dress or a skirt...well I discovered McCalls #5388 pattern and it was super easy to assemble. I added the belt and took up the shoulders about 1 1/2 inches. I would love to get my dresses hemmed today, so those are ready for me to wear. But until then, at least I have one completed project. And by the way, M & J were awesome yesterday which allowed me to get this all done. Jackson is definetly getting into a routine, which has been helping me feel more productive!


Julie asked me if Jackson was still cuddly. I told her he likes to cuddle but not be affectionate; meaning, yes, he likes to be held, but hold off on the rubbing. I told her that as I put him in the swing yesterday. I mean look at this pic, don't you just want to eat him up, he looks so snuggly and cuddly. So Jules, this pic is for you!

2 comments:

Megan said...

He looks super cuddly and I don't think he should go to Canada. Come live with me instead. Love the new pattern. Can't wait to see you modeling it and the other dresses. How about some pics of your sewing station and all the projects you want to make?

Julie said...

Love the pic! It looks like he is just begging me to come hold him and kiss those cheeks! Can't wait! And that tank is adorable! I am excited for you to have some more pieces in your wardrobe!