Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Scripture Tuesday

"I Love the Lord,
For He heard my voice;
He heard my cry for mercy.
Because He turned His ear to me,
I will call o Him as long as I live."

Psalm 116:1-2

I Love the Lord---my declartion to God.
For He heard my voice---There have been times when I rejoice with God in the good times. The moment I fell in love with my best friend. The day James proposed in Central Park, NYC and flew my parents and invited his parents in for a celebration dinner at the Plaza Hotel! The day we got married. Spending time with my side of the family at the Beach. Experiencing the joy of being a Sister-in-Law and then an Aunt! The adventures of traveling. Learning to ski and conqueroring a fear of throwing myself down the side of mountain. Watching the pregnancy test reveal Plus Signs!!!
He heard my cry for mercy--There have many times I only turn to God in the bad times. Like when I couldn't get pregnant for 1 1/2 years. The depression that came with no baby. A husband who gives us so much, but who'd I love to spend more time with each day. Or the night I had a miscarriage. Or a few of the super long nights of motherhood with some very sick babies.
Because He turned His ear to me---In my brokeness, in my weakness, He bidded me to come rest in His love. He is there to listen, I just need to speak with openess and a soft heart for Him to reveal things to me.
I will call on Him as long as I live---I've lived as a fourth generation Christian on my Dad's side, there is proof in the lineage that God is faithful and I need to be a faithfull Follower. I await to hear the news that my children will take Jesus as there own and follow Him ALL THE DAYS OF THEIR LIVES!

No comments: