Friday, April 2, 2010

Blog Along- Baker

I love sweets! I love baking just to eat the sweets! I am excited to share these Top 5 with you just for the reason that it is another reason to eat tasty treats and "little goodies!"

1. Pampered Chef StoneWare- Though there is a learning curve for baking with stone, I think it does amazing things with cookies, pizzas, muffins, and bread. Once they are well seasoned they seem to help keep the flavor in the item baking, whether a sweet or savory flavor.
2. Kitchen Aid Mixers- I have both the stand and handheld mixer and I use them both all the time! Breads are easier to mix in the stand are soooooo much less intimidating with the dough hook! Maizie loves the handheld because she can mix the frosting for cupcakes!

3. Parchment Paper- I started using this product about two years ago. Every time I bake cookies, this is underneath the dough. It helps turn a cookie recipe into a real cookie, by this I mean that it is crispy around the edges and chewy on the inside. It helps to not overburn the bottoms as well. I think this is a product I will use for the rest of my cookie-making life! Click the words Parchment Paper to be directed to Reynolds Parchment Paper coupon!
4. Wooden Spoons & Spatulas- Take your pick there seems to be a million on the market, but I prefer the ones from Williams-Sonoma or Pampered Chef! I've had them for years, they have not stained. They don't melt. They are dishwasher safe.
5.Scotch Brite- Let's be honest and say that with baking comes a lot of dirty dishes, so I will recommend this item! With this I feel like hand washing is a breeze and goes quickly! And the scrubber can be replaced with a heavy-duty scrubber!!!!


Group Participants:
Julie
Meagan

1 comment:

Susie said...

Thanks for the coupon! I use parchment paper but I'd never thought of using it for cookies. I'm excited to try that out next time. Great idea!