Thursday, September 6, 2012

Homeschool: Art & Etiquette

We have been working our way through this Little Annie's Art Book of Etiquette & Good Manners for awhile! I love the simple way you open the book, immediately read a Bible verse and incorporate that into etiquette or simple art lesson.
Etiquette lessons have opened the door to many conversations on how to be kind and treat others!

This school year we are working through Drawing with Children as recommended in the My Father's World 1st Grade Curriculum.  The Come Look With Me books were also included in their curriculum and have been quickly added to our family library!  And I love how it's as simple as reading to the kids and studying a famous work of art.

Another homeschool mommy suggested the Watch Me Draw Things Girls Love book.  This is one in a whole series and has been a big hit!

3 comments:

Susie Cook said...

Those "Come Look With Me" books look interesting! I've not seen them before. I'll have to check them out.

Heather said...

Yea... My first time reading your blog (didn't even know you had one!) and I am "secretly" mentioned in it!

Megan said...

THanks for the bigger pictures sis. Now I don't have to use Reece's nature binoculars to see what my niece is up to! ;) We are starting the Annie book on Monday! woohoo!